Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pastas

The last weekend when i was away and travelling, i ate Pasta atleast once a day, not because i love it that much, but because it was the only item on the menu apart from the boring Rice and Roti.... :-)

Back home too, i enjoy cooking Pasta- everytime i try to bring home a different kind of pasta, experiment with different sauces/pesto and recipes [ all of which are created by yours truly] and dish it out.. I can proudly say that till date it has not disappointed me.. Am happy about my taste palate... :-)

Even though pastas originated in Italy, it has become quite common here in India too... And a good alternative to rotis, rice, pizza and sandwiches... 


Some of the different kinds of Pastas are- 
 
Farfelle- Bow Pasta, which is my alltime favourite- cos they look so cute :)

 
Fettucine, long flat noodle kind of pasta.. i like these, but grandparents find them difficult to eat, so they are the last resort

Fussili- twirly pasta... Love these as well..

 











Spaghetti is a long, thin, cylindrical pasta, ideal for pasta made with sauce


Conchiglie, these resemble little shells and come in 2 sizes, small and big...


Penne, the traditional small pipe shaped pasta... Most commonly found and used... These come in single colour and Tricolour as well..
Fusili pasta made with Wheat flour.. These take a bit longer than the maida ones to cook, but are healthier... 

 
Lasagna, pasta in the form of sheets that is used by layering the sheets between vegetables, topped with chees e and baked in the oven.. I havent made this, but have had it in restaurants..


I have seen a few more varieties on the net and heard from Friends who live abroad, but not seen them as part of the menu .. 

Which is your favorite???? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some flavours so I'll know you were here!

badge