Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

Monday, April 21, 2014

Food Tales- Broken woes

After a brief break, am back with another interesting food tale from my childhood, rather life....



I have this one quirk when it comes to Appalam [ pappads]. I need mine full and not broken up. At my maternal grandparents house they would break the appalam in half before frying, easier to handle and maybe the pan they used was small. I used to crib constantly about how I was served broken appalam.. 

Infact, over time it became a running joke at home. Everytime there would be appalam, people would send me sly smiles and smirks expecting me to protest. I got over this quirk of mine with time, and now I dont mind even tiny pieces and crumbs in the appalam vessel. Heck, there  have been days when I am making appalam, and I break it in half or quarter for ease!! 

[Image courtesy:www.ambikaappalamdepot.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some flavours so I'll know you were here!

badge