Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Live on Air...

Few weeks ago, I got a call from the Producer at Chennai Live 104.8 and she asked me if I would like to be a part of their series on Food Blogging. Not one to skip such an opportunity, I instantly said "Yes".  Few minutes later, she sent me a whatsapp asking for a brief on my profile and informed me that I was to be at the studio the subsequent Monday around 8 pm. It was going to be an excl show on Food Blogging hosted by RJ Tausif. And i must say, I am quite sure I landed this opportunity courtesy Chennai Food guide [& my blogging journey ofcourse] 

I had been on Air few years ago for a program on books & reading anchored by Rj Jane. I enjoyed talking and talking impromptu came easy to me. Infact, while in College I had toyed with the idea of giving Rjing a shot. 

Before I get carried away, monday morning I got a message asking me to come a little earlier to the studio and I managed to reach the place by 7pm as requested. I waited for a few minutes before I was called into the recording studio. There was RJ Tausif behind the console, Akshay beside him and Amreen who stood in on the show. 

There was also Harsha , another RJ who was there for a Live talk show [7-8pm] on "airlines" with RJ Tausif. 

Now that we had all settled in, Tausif mentioned he was literally going to be doing 2 shows at a time... The one on "Airlines" was a live show, while he was going to record mine as he had another appointment between 8--9pm. I was ok with that! 

It was now time to get started... he would mention the topic for each segment and then we would record the same. It went on for a good hour, juggling between the shows and lot of laughter as well [ I shall not go into details, let us just say I had a whale of a time...] 

And it so happened that my 1st segment did not get recorded correctly and so we actually did that LIVE ON AIR @ 8pm... 

It was damn cool talking about food, my blogging journey-- from the very 1st blog on Mahamudra to the latest, and of my passion for cooking, funny incidents etc etc... 

So, if you are having a boring day and need some entertainment, you can listen to my show here --

1 comment:

Sprinkle some flavours so I'll know you were here!

badge