Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

Monday, February 22, 2016

Mainland China Asian Kitchen, Spring Hotel, Chennai

Few years ago, when I was a newbie to the whole food scene, I was offered a dish called Khao Suey.. A waiter at a restaurant gave me a bowl and told me to fill in whatever I wanted from the gazillion bowls sitting on the table. I randomly added things and was quite apprehensive about the flavours. But what do you know, I loved it and since then have made it at home and tried in at numerous restaurants as well. 

It is a one dish meal that tingles your taste buds and sometimes you feel a burst within your mouth. That is the beauty of Khao Suey..  Recently, thanks to a friend I discovered a restaurant in Chennai that serves up the most amazing Khao Suey.. It is Mainland China Asia Kitchen, located in Spring Hotel, Kodambakkam High Road. 

After an event, a friend suggested we head out here for dinner. I assumed it would be like the other Mainland China outlets- chinese cuisine would rule the roost. But then I noticed the name and curiosity hit. The girls who had been here earlier raved about the food and drinks. 

[image courtesy: Spring Hotel]

We ordered a round of drinks and got down to ordering starters and main dishes. For starters we went with Crispy corn and dumplings, and for the main we thought we shall try their Khao Suey.  And by the end of the meal we were all grinning away with joy. We were in some kind of food heaven! 

The Khao Suey is served on a large wooden board- a big bowl of Thai Green curry sits at the head of the board and then there were the other accompaniments- Fried garlic, friend onions, boiled noodles, fried noodles, finely chopped red chillies, lime wedges,coriander and peanuts. A few places also include boiled egg.. 

You are given a bowl, and you get to add as much or as little of the components and create your own bowl of flavours. 



The other dishes here were also good.. so far we have tried only one dessert which did not disappoint. It was the Caramel sponge cake wth caramel sauce.. 

Next time you are looking for something different or have been curious about Khao Suey, do head over here- you shall not be disappointed...

Address:
    Ground floor, Spring Hotel, 
    #11,Kodambakkam High Rd, Nungambakkam, Chennai 
    Phone:044 2823 8345

2 comments:

  1. The food is very good The ambience of the hotel is very good Hotel staff is very good Price of food and drinks are very nominal compared to other 5 stars Suggest one if in ranching should be here and check out the hotel
    AC kalyana mandapam in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

Sprinkle some flavours so I'll know you were here!

badge