Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Whisky Samba and Flying Elephant- Park Hyatt, Chennai














What was the evening all about? It was Whisky paired with food 

Where did this happen? At Flying Elephant in Park Hyatt, Velachery

What is Whisky Samba?- Oh its a cool place in Gurgaon...

Where was the food from? - It was from the kitchens of Flying Elephant , put together by Executive Chef -Akshay Bhardwaj from Whisky Samba,.. He brings experience of having worked at 2 star Michelin restaurant -Noma, under Chef René Redzepi. That apart, he has worked at restaurants 
across France and Brussels as well.

How long is this for? Just two days, it was a pop up! 

That evening had us cruising through not one or two but an 8 course menu that had been curated by the Chef for the pop up.. During the course of the conversation that evening, came to know that Chef was all about focussing on the ingredients and cooking dishes, unlike most places where it is Menu based. I was the only vegetarian in the group, but I got dishes that were quite wow with no compromise on flavour, texture or taste..  Among the dishes I had were ones with morrel mushrooms, & black carrot- things I havent had much of.. :-) 

We also had Devesh Kailash Dhall of Whisky Samba giving us insight, interesting trivia and walking us through the various Whisky that was served that evening. We had a few cocktails subsequent to which we moved to try the various Glenlivets [from the Speyside distilleries] 

At the end of the evening, we were all high- not just from the Whisky but from the amazing food and the overall experience... Quite a memorable evening... 

PS: pardon quality of images, forgot the camera and had to make do with phone camera

Disclaimer: The reviews posted on this blog are based on my personal experience. Also remember these were just my views!! Remember, no two palates are the same. Bon Appétit :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some flavours so I'll know you were here!

badge